Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Monday, February 4, 2013

Triathlon Training: Week FOUR and Weigh In

The first week of February and things are getting interesting. I wasn't able to swim last week due to car trouble and I was hoping to get it fixed last weekend. Sadly my car needs more work than I first thought and I was incredibly frustrated to learn I wouldn't be swimming again.

Luckily a friend let me borrow their car this morning, so I got to go to a quick swim session. I got 25 minutes in the pool and I used it to work on my form and speed. Hopefully my car will be up and running soon and I can catch up that part of my training.

 I used my free time this weekend to start working on trail rides and runs. I have to say that the trails around here are loose soil and I nearly fell off my bike multiple times trying to cycle through them. My frustrations over my car, my loss of training, my finances and etc seemed to loom over that ride. I felt like every step I took led me to another stop, another failure, another false start. I started crying at some point. Anger over took me. I didn't allow it to stop me though. I refused to give up and kept going until I finished the short trail.

Trail running through this awesomeness
After that I took a quick, five minute break and decided to go for a run. What I didn't anticipate was that I would take a right turn instead of my usual left, and I ended up going for an hour long trail run/walk. I refused to believe that my earlier failed bike ride would break me like this. So I kept going. Walk or run it didn't matter. I didn't time it or track it. I kept going until I made the huge loop through the trails in the National Forest. The run kept me focused and convinced me that things were going to be ok. The more I sweated the faster my frustrations went away. By the time I got back to the house I felt a lot better about everything. You can't stay too mad when you remind yourself what your backyard looks like. LOL I took a shower and stretched and when I left my room I rewarded myself by going out to the community and join in in a 3 year old's birthday party. Pinata and all. Things are going to be ok. I know it!
-----
So I weighed myself this morning, unsure of what the number would be, since I ate more icing than I should have during that birthday party. The number made me incredibly happy and gave me even more hope to continue.

Current Weight: 212.8 lbs

I am 1.8 lbs away from re-reaching my 40 pound loss mark! That's huge, especially when you've been stuck in the late 2-teens for over a year. I'm hoping that by Valentine's day I'll have reached that mark again.

So, it was a frustrating week. But in the end it's turning out ok. Let's see what this week brings!

-w0rld

No comments: