Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Weigh In: New Start

Current Weight: 234 lbs (yes you read that right)

Work Out Achievement(s): I only made it to the gym a few times last week. I don't remember exactly how many times. Nowadays one week seems like forever. Last monday feels like a fortnight or a month ago.

Yesterday I didn't go to the gym and had my not-so-little panic attack when I read the house scale.

I went to the gym early this morning to confirm my new weight and yes I did end up gaining 5 lbs in one week or so.. Now that isn't true. I've slowly but steadily been gaining weight for a month and I have no excuses left. Sigh. So I spent an hour doing cardio and preventing myself from bursting in to tears. (I'm not joking. I kept hoping no one noticed my mood or else I wouldn't have been able to control the flood I was holding back)


This weekend was the worse yet. I had a giant ramen and chicken teriyaki dinner on Saturday night and then I had a giant feeding frenzy on Sunday when I went to the L.A. County Fair with my family.

Not only was the food uber expensive it was fatty and filling.. and I kept eating it!


Anyway this is such a dissapointment but this isn't the time for me to wallow in self loathing and shame. It's time to take extreme action. Which brings us to:

Goal(s): So after spending the first 30 minutes in the gym feeling shame and sadness it slowly turned into anger and finally during the last 30 minutes I decided to make a plan:

We have to remember that +/-3,500 calories= +/- 1 lbs

Therefore if I work out and burn 500 calories everyday for a week I'll be able to lose a pound a week. Of course if I also cut 500 calories from my diet everyday that will also help lose the weight.
Since I need to lose more than one pound a week I need to burn more than 500 calories a day so my plan is to burn 1000 calories a day for the next 2 weeks as well as try to keep my calorie intake around 1700.

I have 2 weeks before I start work and move far away from the nearest 24 hour fitness.

I will document how many calories I burn as well as how many calories I consume in this blog, every day for the next two weeks.

I need to get into gear and stop whining about how I'm not losing weight and etc.

This is my plan. I WILL do it.

Calories in vs. Calories out!

Today so far I've burned 790 calories. I plan to go on a walk tonight, or do another session at the gym before bed to burn the 210calories or so.

I'll make another small posting tonight with the total number of calories burned and consumed.

Wish me luck!
-w0rld

No comments: