Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Monday, January 13, 2014

Weigh In

After a half lethargic yet fully hopeful start to January I saw the effects of my lack of discipline (and start of a return to fitness) with my weigh in this morning.

Current Weight: 208.6 lbs

When I weighed in at the gym, (wearing jeans, cell, wallet, and keys in my pockets) it said 219 lbs. I knew that was wrong but then the house scale said 210 lbs last week.

With my start of a new work out regimen and a weekend of stomach problems I managed to lose 2 lbs. Not bad but definitely not the start I wanted.

Achievements:

It's amazing how many less calories I eat when the temptation of sweets is taken away. I've noticed a change in my skin for the better. My energy was low for a while. I felt achy. Once my stomach decided to rebel against me my energy actually replenished. Maybe the mandatory bed rest helped me out. Maybe staying away from milk and sugar is helping.

Before my stomach issues I had my first training session. The soreness has finally gone down but my core was on fire all weekend.

My stomach is still not 100% better but I have been able to get my butt to the gym these last couple of days. A half hour on the elliptical is better than nothing at all.

Goals:
I need to feel better but I want to make a point to go the gym daily.
I want to stay away from sweets. It's hard this entire weekend I was craving things like donuts.
I want to make sure I fill my diet with fruits and vegetables. I've noticed I'm getting caught up in meat and bread.
I want to focus on personal hygiene and just taking care of the little things. When I get this lazy I can forget to do small things like brush my teeth or take vitamins. I want to make sure I make time for small things like that. LOL

Good luck everyone!

-w0rld

No comments: