Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Monday, August 6, 2012

Weigh In/Riding my bicycle.

I've been home for almost two weeks now. I've been worried about gaining. I've said it enough times in this blog that the SECOND I come home I subconsciously revert back to my old ways of overeating, under-exercising and lazy-ness. I've been keeping record of my weight this week and here is the results of two weeks of being a lazy bum at home:

Current Weight: 216.6 lbs (+0.2 lbs)

I'm maintaining! Even though it's not a loss, it's a BIG deal not to have gained weight after two weeks!

I have eleven days to lose 1.4 lbs. My goal is to simply be 215 by my birthday. That's all I want. Lose ONE pound. It's definitely do-able.

The only exercise I've been doing is bicycling. My house had lost their tire pump and that's the only thing the bike needed, so while I looked for a decent (and inexpensive) bike pump I was using the stationary bike my family owns (and doesn't use). Now that I bought a pump I've been taking short rides around my neighborhood. Let me tell you it's not easy. I get winded even looking at a hill and I'm still trying to understand gears. I haven't ridden a bike in YEARS!

But it's fun and I'm not used to sharing the road with cars. It makes me a little nervous sometimes I admit. I'll have to stay safe and get over that because I plan to make bicycling my new cardio work out.

 Any bike riders out there have any tips? I'm completely new and the only thing I know about my bike is that: it's old and rusty, it's not a cruiser, I doubt I can go off-road with it (not that I'd want to anyway right now I'm still getting the feel for it), and it WORKS! LOL

I'll take a pic of it later.

Have a great Monday!

love

-w0rld

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

High gear (high #'s) for flat ground, low gear (smaller #'s) for inclines. Make sure you are peddling while you switch gears. You can do it!

Anonymous said...

With an old bike - just make sure the brakes really work well before going for it.

- the voice of experience