Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A (not so Quick) Weigh In!

Hello Everyone!

I'm back for a short period of time and I've survived my first week of working in Nevada. The area where I work is absolutely GORGEOUS! The work is not difficult (though I did have to bust my ass to learn everything quickly and well) and the people are friendly. Yay!

I'll be posting pics and etc soon but for now let's do a quick Weigh In:

Current Weight: 225 lbs (I have now lost 26 lbs since starting. I remember this was exactly how much I weighed in my first day in JROTC class my freshman year of high school. Where I had to get weighed in front of everyone for my personal file to measure my fitness level throughout the year... yeah I remember things like this.. lol)

Work Out Achievement(s): So now that I started this new job, and I really wasn't sure what I would be doing, I saw that there is going to be a lot less walking and a lot more climbing over dead logs, going on quick spurts up hill while carrying supplies, squatting down and getting up repeatedly.. and over all a lot more busy work than just putting one leg in front of the other. I would come back to my tent pretty tired but not overly exhausted like walking several miles a day was like. .. and I admit right now that I could have gone on after-work hikes but I only did it once in the 8 days I was out there.

What does all this mean? It means that I'm getting a bit more muscle action and less cardio. Which also means that if I don't watch what I eat I could start gaining weight again, but it also means that my arms are now slightly more formed and my upper tighs are slightly less huge. Both I've noticed and both I'm very proud of.. LOL

I ended up having limited food while I was out there and I ate very little meat products. Combined with my limited cardio I'm both happy and a little disappointed at my weight loss this week. I ended up losing a couple of pounds but I kept hoping I would be a little closer to the 220's and not too close to the 230's. Don't get me wrong though. I'm thrilled I'm right in the middle. This means that if I keep my head together this week I can make sure I don't gain anything.

Also while I was out in the middle-of-nowhere Nevada (my job site is 6 hours East of Reno.. so smack dab middle of the state.. and full of green hills and snow capped mountains. lol) I asked one of my co-workers to take a picture of me with a nice landscape background. I posed. She took the pic. I thanked her and the day moved on.. until that night when I was all cozy-ed up in my sleeping bag and decided to look through my pictures of the week... and I found that one shot of me.

I looked Thin! I actually looked like I had curves and, dare I say it, a figure! I literally did a double take and stared at the camera screen for a full minute with my mouth open. I couldn't believe it. I honestly couldn't.

The first thing that went through my mind was: "This is me? Are you sure??"

You also have to remember that I had been camping out for a week, where things like mirrors, showers and toilets are non-existent and you have to guess at how you look and hope that you don't look like shit.

But I admit I wasn't completely shocked. I had been noticing the entire week how every piece of clothing I was wearing was loose. How I continued to have to re-adjust my belt and lift my pants up since they kept falling. How I had to adjust my work shirts and undershirts because they kept riding down my shoulders. How wearing layers no longer felt like I was restricting movement since I had plenty of space in my pants to have things underneath.

I remember hiking back to camp from my hike out on Saturday. I was walking a little quickly trying to beat the rain clouds that were coming and I swore I could feel my legs and butt move freely inside my jeans (which were once considered skin tight-ish). I purposely moved with a bit of a swing to my hips to continue feeling the bagginess of it all.

It felt sooo great.

Goal(s): So I have to admit right now that although I was doing a great job with eating pretty well all last week (since I had to because all I took with me were "healthy-ish" things) I totally binged yesterday.. and a little bit today too so far.

Since yesterday was the day my crew came back to civilization we stopped at a small town diner for breakfast. I ordered a mushroom omelet with biscuits and gravy AND greasy hashbrowns. I finished the whole thing.

That late afternoon I had a late lunch of an In N Out burger with extra onion, fries and a strawberry shake. Again I finished everything with gusto.

And lastly when I finally got home from a 9 hr drive (Reno to L.A.) I came home around 12:30 a.m..... and had pizza with my mom who stayed up to great me.. yes.. not only did I eat pizza but I ate it in the middle of the night with my mom.~

Today I ate pizza for breakfast AND lunch... and I haven't gone outside at all yet. Bad, bad, bad.

Anyway now that I've gotten that confession out of the way my immediate goal is to lose another pound by the end of the week (hopefully).

This weekend is my little brothers wedding/baby shower and I already bought a fancy (for me) dress. Yes, I said DRESS, which I WILL look great in, just you watch.

My other main goal that's coming up soon and I'm determined to accomplish is/was to be around 215 lbs by my birthday. My birthday is in August and I'm super driven to get there!

My overall goal right now is to get to 200 lbs by the middle of December. I don't know what obstacles are waiting for me but at this point in time it seems more than likely that I'll make my goal. I just have to keep working on it and not give up... and stop eating pizza for breakfast. LOL.

~~~

I will post pictures of my cool hike and my "I can't believe it's me in this picture" photo soon.

Till then I will be marveling at my image in the mirror for a little bit (lol) and then keep moving forward!

Love and all that jazz
-w0rld

No comments: