Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Update time! & Weigh In

Hello~

So it's been a little while and I've finally gotten time to update this fabulous blog.

When I last left it I was home getting ready for my brothers wedding and binging on junk food every single night.

We're talking pizza, burgers, potato wedges, meat, cake and chocolate covered strawberries. I didn't go to the gym ONCE the entire week I was home and when I was returning to work I promised myself to work hard to work off the weight I KNEW I must have gained the week before.

So now that I was finally weigh myself, I'm pretty satisfied though not thrilled with my results:

Current Weight: 225 lbs (pretty much the same weight from a couple of weeks ago)

Work Out Achievement(s): So after the celebration time I went back to Nevada and started working again. I had bought myself desperately-needed-new hiking boots and boy did I use them.

I actually went jogging (yes I said jogging) once along the road near our campsite.

--Music really does make a difference and I am more and more grateful for my little mp3 player.. but I need more music. I need to rebuild my Itunes music collection. I feel empty ever since my comp crashed... but maybe my plea for people to give me their music should be at another blog.. but in case I don't get to that I'm just going to drop it in: I need MUSIC! I like EVERYTHING! Help Me!!... lol--

Anyway I jogged the area since this was a new campsite and we also were only going to be there for half the week. I was able to take a couple of pictures along the way.


This is one pic of the road I was following while I jogged/explored the area around our campsite. Pretty nice right?

I jogged/powerwalked for thirty minutes. I didn't realize how far I had gone until I decided to power walk back and the return trip took me 45 minutes. I felt a little proud of myself I admit. LOL

After that the other big exertion I had was this awesome hike/climb me and a few other co-workers ended up doing. We drove to the edge of this mountain side to view this great peak. After taking some pictures and talking about the plant life on the other side, we got the idea to go over there and climb up a side of the peak.

I huffed and puffed the whole way but I made it! I was very proud of myself.



This is the view of the peak we were going to. We decided to go to the other side


When I finally made it to the top of the other side I asked someone to take a picture of me tired and winded but happy.

I pretty much thought I had done a good job at making up for my earlier binge.

Goal(s): So now that I know I've been maintaining my weight yet not losing weight I think it's time I worked harder and stepped it up a notch. I think that means I have to re-calculate my calorie intake and start refining my work out schedule. I knew this was going to happen. Everything didn't seem TOO hard once I started losing the pounds. I guess you could say I'm worried I've reached another plateau. It freaken sucks to reach a plateau.

Anyway wish me luck friends and I leave you with one of my recent favorite pictures of me and my family during my lil brothers lil wedding:



smile~

We can do it!

-w0rld

No comments: