Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Non-Weigh In

Happy Monday everyone!

I woke up this morning with incredibly tight calves and thighs and ONE sore arm oddly enough. All coming from the epic hiking adventure I had two days ago. All last week ended up being a hiking week so I'm not surprised I'm still sore days later.

Either way, let's start.

Measurement(s):

Hips: 48.5 inches (-0.5 inches)
Waist: 45 inches (-0.25 inches)
Arm: 14.75 inches (same)
Thigh: 26 inches (-0.75 inches)
Calf: 16.5 inches (-0.25 inches)

I can happily see that I managed to lose a few inch fractions throughout my body. I would hope that were the case after hiking 12 miles.  Which brings us to...
-----

Achievement(s): My goals last week were to simply follow through on my goals. To log everything and just commit to my current goals before trying to make new ones. I think I did ok this week:

Water: I'm sure I drank enough water 5/7 days out of the week. It's not bad.

Calories: I did much better this week but I don't think I fell under my calories more than once this week. Last night was also a catastrophe with all the Superbowl Sunday festivities.

Monday: 1720
Tuesday: 1821
Wednesday: 1786
Thursday: 2039
Friday: 1730
Saturday: 1459
Sunday: 2448

So I stayed under 2000 calories most of the week except for Thursday and Sunday. Saturday I spent the whole day on the trails so even if I wanted to over indulge on food I couldn't unless I wanted to eat leaves and rocks. (I wonder how many calories there are in sand? LOL)


Strength Training: I did random work outs 2/7 days this week. Not bad but needs to get better.

Cardio: Last week can be summed up by the word: HIKING! I hiked more than I have in a while!

Monday: 8 mile hike
Tuesday: 30 minute hike and rock climbing
Wednesday: -
Thursday: 2 mile hike
Friday: 4 mile hike and 2 mile jog
Saturday: 12 mile hike
Sunday: recover from Saturday.

So I only worked out 5 out of 7 days last week I also did more intense hiking work outs. Like I mentioned I'm still recovering from my big hike two days later. Today I actually had an epic day and ended up climbing a 60 foot tower and then learning how to swing from 30 feet in the air!

But more on that next time. He he.

-----------------

Goal(s): I'm going to try my best to start removing processed food and grains from my diet. I've been saying this for a while but now that I'm reading my Paleo book it gives me more motivation than before. From there I want to continue being accountable with my current goals.

Until next time. Have a great week!

love
-w0rld

No comments: