Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Canoeing, Hiking and Bell pepper cooking

Today turned out to be a great day. Just how I'd like to spend a Sunday. It started with a small breakfast of honey greek yogurt, raspberries, strawberries, wheat germ and a little bit of granole for breakfast. Then we took out canoes to the lake and went for a canoe tour of the area. I'll eventually be taking my groups out conducting the tours myself so this was considered training. :)

Yes, I know those are kayaks but our canoes were soon to follow!
After that I had a home made lunch (a tray of bell pepper, lettuce and whole grain chips surrounded by a small bowl of hummus followed by a turkey patty sandwich with whole grain bread, onion and a little butter) and when I called my boss and asked him what I needed to do next his response was,
"Elina, have you ever heard of something called rest?"
"I've heard of it.."
"Do it."
"Ok."
Whatever you say boss. :)

I watched a movie, took a nap, stretched and then decided that although I was sore and bruised from canoeing and strength training from the day before I needed to do some sort of exercise. I opted to drive down six miles and go to the trail head for one of the volcanoes just south of the lake. I walked up a hill to the trail head junction and decided to take the rim trail rather than the plug trail. The rim takes you around the rim of the crater that frames the volcano. The plug takes you in to the volcano itself. I'd done the plug before so I opted for the rim. What a gorgeous view, and a nice work out since the pumice sand and up and down in elevation got my body moving.
What goes up must come down. You can see my trail descending.
Believe it or not the hike was exactly 1.5 miles. A nice short hike with a lot of oomph to it. I came back and took the longest shower. I came out, turned on my awesome scented candle and decided to look through my low GI cookbook to look for something for dinner. After going back and forth I found the page for stuffed bell peppers and I knew that was it. Probably because I bought a Costco supply of bell peppers and I needed to eat them before they went bad. LOL

I didn't have all the ingredients but that has never stopped me. I used the recipe as a guideline and made my own stuffing using an old handmade turkey patty as my ground meat, some tomatoes, onions, salsa, rosemary, cayenne pepper, garlic salt and sprinkled in some feta cheese on top. I made two bell pepper halves and stuck them in the oven. They turned out amazing. I ate 1 serving and half of another. The book explains that a serving is around 232 calories. I used slightly different ingredients but nothing too out of the ordinary. I would think I consumed somewhere in the 350-400 calorie range.
I ate this and half of another. Delicious!
I am now finishing my Sunday with a small glass of white wine. A great, half work-half lazy Sunday. Perfect.

I don't expect any weight loss after my hectic week. I'm hoping I maintained however. Monday will be my weigh in.

Until then,

-w0rld

No comments: