Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Quick Update: Working with diet plans and a WFR course

I moved to my new home two weeks ago. This week however I'm back in Southern California, in my old job's headquarters, because I had to return to do a Wilderness First Responder Course (WFR). If you haven't heard of a WFR it's a very advanced form of medical training (beyond CPR and First Aid) in a wilderness setting. This course is long. It's mentally and physically demanding. It's serious since you will be dependent on being the first to respond to an emergency in a wilderness environment, meaning no medics or ambulances near by. It's kicking my butt, but believe it or not it's fun too.

However, because I have to start classes at 8 a.m, only get 40 minute lunches and finish classes somewhere between 6-7pm each night AND I've been found unprepared with having my own food when I need it, I've been having to rely on buying random prepared food at the local grocery store or coffee shop. I'm trying to keep things as healthy as possible but this food schedule is really random and I know isn't the most ideal setting. I'm hoping I can have enough time to prepare some food and take it with me for the next few days of the course. I'm still set on losing a couple of pounds and I don't know if I was able to make it this week.

Hopefully I at least maintained. I haven't worked out since I got here on Friday. Check and weigh in tomorrow.

Optomistic and hopeful,

-w0rld

No comments: