Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

CDCC Check In/October Weigh In

My first week of work and my third week of of the Xmas Dress Countdown Challenge is pretty much over and since it looks like I won't get a chance to check in tomorrow I'm checking in tonight.

Luckily today is the first day of October (can you believe it?!) and I weighed myself this morning.

Current Weight: 208.2 lbs (-3.6 lbs from last week and -5.2 lbs since the start of the challenge.)

I'm incredibly pleased at my loss since I haven't been eating the greatest but boy have I been active! I arrived at the Pathfinder Ranch Monday afternoon. Throughout the week I've been shadowing my fellow outdoor educators and on Tuesday and Wednesday I ended up going on hikes with the kids. On Thursday I did my own strength training, mainly stretches and core work, and attempted to rock climb for the first time (Yikes! I need to work on my flexibility and arm strength.) On Friday the entire school ended up going on a big hike to end their week at the Ranch. I got to carry a big bladder of water the whole time and stopped at points throughout the mountain to fill up peoples water bottles. Let's just say over all I've ended up exhausted on more than one night! LOL.

My favorite thing so far was this morning. After a crazy night last night I was able to wake up early enough this morning and went on my first jog in this area. It was sooo beautiful. This place is a ranch community with large acres, horses gorgeous looking cabins and running dogs. The place is surrounded by pine trees and since it rained last night the entire jog smelled like pine. Mmmm. It was bliss. However I didn't take my watch nor do I know how many miles the loop I did was so I'll find out the next time I hit the pavement.

One thing I have been doing FANTASTIC on is my water in take. Not only is hydration necessary, readily available but it is REQUIRED as part of the job. I absolutely love it! I've been able to drink over 64 oz of water a day easily if not more so. I remember reading how to know you're properly hydrated when your pee looks like water with a very light tint of yellow. Maybe this is TMI but let's just say I've been peeing nearly clear. LOL

I've also finally started reading my book. I realized that the reason it's been hard for me to get in to this book is mainly because, although I do think I need to live more and be more assertive in trying to do more for my life (i.e. going out trying to find a better job, going out to actually do the activities in my bucket list etc) in reality I'm pretty pleased with that part of my life right now and feel there are other things I should work on right now. In other words I have other priorities. I need to find a book on emotional eating and actually spend time reading it!

One thing I definitely need to work on is supporting my fellow challengers. I've been so busy adjusting to my new life I haven't had the time to sit, and comment on blogs although I have been reading your entries!

We're doing so great! Thank you all for your support!

I'll talk about my goals for this next week on Monday at my regular Weigh In.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

-w0rld


11 comments:

Betty W said...

What a great loss!! that´s awesome girl. Keep it up.

Julie said...

That is awesome weight loss you got going there. Keep up the great work. You are doing amazing.
Take care and have another great week. Blessings!!

Nanette N. said...

Yay! Loss!!! I'm glad to see things getting better for you! You're sounding motivated and happy. Take a second to think about how your body feels, write it down and then on those crappy days (that definitely happen) you can flip back to read it and remember that making healthy decisions makes you feel GREAT!

I'm SUPER happy for you!

"KT" said...

Nice loss! Rock climbing sounds funnn and that jog sounds really lovely, it's soo much easier when we enjoy what we're doing. Keep doing great. :)

Mrs. Bradley said...

Your week sounded awesome. I love being outside like that. I need to do it more often. Your loss is greta also. Way to go!

Denise said...

Wow, awesome loss for the week. It's an added bonus you are going on hikes with the kids. Built in exercise. Keep rocking it.

Kim said...

Awesome!! Great loss. Its is hard commenting on everyone when you are busy but I somehow force myself and manage to get it done i know it makes things easier and helps ppl a lot when you know ppl are there to help you. Also good job on the water thing and isnt peeing clear a lovely thing lol haha Hope next week is just as good

Losing it in Vegas said...

Wow girl, you rocked it!

Unknown said...

Awesome loss! Sounds like a effect place to shed some pounds!

Angela Pea said...

I am so excited about your new job - you sound so happy! Excellent work this week - enjoy your students this week!

Momma B said...

You sound so positive this week! Way to go on the loss, that was huge!! I hope you have another amazing week at your job! My Aunt did that for years and loved it!