Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Monday, April 30, 2012

Non-Weigh In

Another Monday! My plan for this weekend was to relax. It didn't work but I can't complain. I still had a lazy week work-out wise but at least I got something done.

Measurements:
Hips: 48.25 inches (same)
Waist: 45.25 inches (+1 inch)
Arm: 14.75 inches (same)
Hips: 26 inches (same)
Calf: 16.75 (+0.25 inches)

So I pretty much stayed the same but my waist is getting bigger. I've noticed. I can tell by the way my clothes fit and how I feel. I don't like it and I think it's odd that only my middle is growing but not my hips. They usually grow and sink together. Sigh. Sometimes I just don't get it. But there it is.

Achievements:

Water
I definitely drank enough water all but Friday and Sunday. That's 5/7 days out of the week. It's getting warmer so I'm guessing I should start rising the water intake to work with the increasing need to hydrate.

Calories
I dropped the ball on starting to count calories. I didn't realize how long it had been since I last counted. I have to try again.

Strength Training
Twice last week. I also ended up getting really sore due to unexpected activity on the weekend. I definitely hadn't planned on having such a busy weekend so I over worked myself. But I like that the soreness is there (my arms thighs and butt). It means I was working my muscles whether or not I meant to. LOL

Cardio
My right heel is still in pain but it's getting TONS better. I woke up this morning and hardly had any pain. Eventually there was some pain but it's very minimal compared to the last couple of weeks. To celebrate I went on a run this morning.

A part from this morning I only ran once last week. It was a slow walk.run. I didn't really go out after that. I hate this inactivity but didn't want to risk hurting myself further. I've also been continuing my leg and foot stretches so my foot can get better.

Goals:
Now that my foot is feeling a lot better I'm really hoping to finally get back to running. I want to sign up for another 10k before June 1st. From there I'm going to be starting my summer job and I'll be moving around for a few weeks this summer. I'll have to see what work outs I can do while on the move. Hopefully I'll have access to something to keep me moving around.

A part from running I'm going to attempt calorie counting again. I want to lose enough pounds to start the summer right! I can do it!

I'll be going on a big road trip this week so I'll be out and about hiking some redwoods. I miss hiking too!

Until then!

-w0rld

No comments: