Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year Weigh In and Good Start

So it's 2013. I'm still trying to get used to it. I weighed myself yesterday morning to see the holiday damage.

Current Weight: 217 lbs

That seems pretty decent with the amount of carbs and sugar I've been eating these last few weeks. I did gain 3-4 lbs but I'm just happy I still weigh under 220 lbs.

My goal for the rest of this week is to lose one more pound and start next week with 216 lbs. I'm hoping that by February I'll be somewhere in the 210-215 lbs bracket rather than the 216-220 lbs bracket. Let's start there. LOL

On New Years day I finally got a chance to go on a hike near my home town. I have never hiked near home although I knew there were some trails out there. It ended up being a beautiful hike.
The trail was wide, very popular this morning, and a very gradual up hill climb.

It was a beautiful day and due to the rains the day was so clear I could even see the L.A. sky scrapers.

I really enjoyed the view of the valley and the view of the mountains in the distance.




It was a 5 mile loop. Once we hit the 3 mile mark the trail started descending. There were many different people there, families, hiking friends, couples, cyclists, seriously focused power walkers, and even a guy who was doing bicep curls with a large rock as he hiked. The way down was more straightforward and a bit steeper. I'm hoping to go back this weekend and hike it again the opposite, more steep side. It was a great way to start the year.
Returning to the trail head after the hike. 

I came home and I saw that my family was still lying down watching the Rose Parade. I sat down, ate breakfast, sat down and finished watching it with them. It was great.

Let's start this year off right.

-w0rld




1 comment:

Ashley said...

Holiday weight is the worstttt! I def gained a few pounds! Good job on getting back on track!