Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

How can Glee Inspire Me?

Quick post:

I finally decided to get my ass up and go visit my cousin who is finishing her senior year in UC Santa Barbara.

Prestigious and Beautiful Santa Barbara, the only American town that's made the Spanish look look glossy~ LOL
Sadly because of my freak schedule (where I'm idle throughout the week and work weekends at the most inconvenient hours) I could only visit her during the week while she's busy as hell being a student, running organizations, being popular with friends (friends?? what's that?) and an over all busy bee, I found myself being introduced to "Glee" to keep me happily occupied.


The story is about this high school in Ohio where a cute teacher inspires the students to be part of the Glee club; which is a singing-dancing, happy club where they do numbers and compete against different schools while being fabulous throughout all of it.. Plus it's freaken funny!

How could I have lived my life not knowing about Glee? Well I don't know but since it seems I'm completely in a "let's watch all the new hip TV series' at once because apparently I'm going to die tomorrow" streak I'm not surprised I've gotten into this one.

Now.. what the hell does this have to do with my weight loss journey? One word:
Choreography.

Ok well more like: choreography+guys dancing +awesome music=Elina is in love <3

It's been really fun watching it and it's really motivating me to want to dance again. I love dancing. I miss dancing. I haven't danced around on a regular basis in over a year really. I need new moves. I think I found a show that will help me do that. (Time to YouTube!)

Energy please come to me and bring a Liza Minnelli cd with you if you please!

It's also been fun pretending to be a student again. I can't believe how much I've missed it. But that's another story.

Thank you Glee.. now let's just hope your inspiration holds while I gather Energy and Motivation to my side. Maybe I'll bribe them with donuts....

love
-w0rld

No comments: