Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Update: Zumba Boy Came Back!

Just wanted to quickly update that Zumba Boy came back to Zumba class this time as a 'student' rather than the teacher.

Back a bit I wrote about a new Zumba instructor and how I hoped he would come back. I don't remember if I ever updated on him but I thought this would be a good time to do it.

After I wrote about him I went up to the front desk and asked about him a week later. Turns out that Zumba boy (his name is Owen btw) was just a substitute while the regular teacher was out sick. I asked if he would come back, they said it might take a couple of months until he was asked back, so I held off in leaving a note.

Once the regular instructor came back and I went back too (since I missed a week or two) the guy started being better at speaking and actually instructing people (my guess is that someone did in fact comment about it) I became much happier with him.

However this morning as we were about to start some people from the back (I was kind of in the back this time since I got there a little late) started making a commotion about a boy there. The instructor forced the guy to go to the front of the class and introduced him as Owen another instructor.

Later we found out that three former instructors including Owen were there. It was an intense class(I think the teacher was trying to show off a little bit) too bad I was in the back and with the novices. I kept making mistakes and it was a little frustrating.

But anyway, I was walking to the parking lot, already thinking about what I was going to write in this blog, and sure enough Zumba boy was there again.. fixing a windshield wiper of all things. I opened my trunk and was thinking, " there he is again and again I'm going to write that I saw him and missed my chance.." I dropped my stuff in and closed the trunk door. As I was about to turn to the drivers seat I suddenly did a 180 and went over to him.

"Hey Owen right?"
"Yeah"
" I just wanted to say it was good seeing you again."
...

I chit chated with him for a few seconds and through a small misunderstanding I found out he used to teach there regularly at a certain time slot. He asked me if the class was still going, I said yes and in the end I simply told him it was good to see him and that I just wanted to say hi.

He smiled, said hi and told me to have a good day. I said "you too" and I did have a good day, so far..

It made me happy to finally go up to him and simply make him smile. I did it. Why do little things like these have to be so hard?

I don't know. But it's time to change that.

<3 -w0rld

No comments: