Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Weigh In: Emotional Eating Won

Not even 7 a.m. and I was on the scale this morning reading what I could already see in the mirror and feel inside.

Current Weight: 202.2 lbs (+2.8 lbs)

Work Out Achievement(s): So apparently my couple of hikes, couple of runs and few crunches weren't enough to battle off the emotional eating I've been doing the last few days of ice cream, chocolate and fries.

Just last night I found myself going back to the kitchen for more fruit. The only problem is that for each serving I slathered on honey and cottage cheese. Way to make healthy food not so healthy.

It's time to do something drastic. Something to jump start me on the right track again though I'm not sure what. And being on an island I obviously can't go anywhere for guidance (which is kind of freaking me out a little bit).

Not to mention I made a mistake yesterday and now I'm paying the consequences.

In all honesty I'm stressed, I'm tired, and old habits are creeping up. It's like my mental defenses are being challenged and I'm caving.

I don't know exactly what I can do to re-start my weight loss progress but the few things I've tried don't seem to be working.

I realize that a lot of the things I do to lose weight are experimental. Some things work for a while and that's when I see the weight come off. Some things don't and that's when I hit plateaus or (like in this case) a bounce back on the scale. Sometimes it sucks being your own guinea pig.

I NEED to find my niche again. I need to figure this out. One thing is for sure I need to find a more stable and longer work out. Running every other day isn't enough.

God I miss the pool.

Goal(s): I'm going to try hiking everyday. After work I'm going to go for a hike. Most, if not all of the hikes around here are heavy inclines so I'm hoping that no matter what hike I do it'll be enough of a work out to get me going.

I'll have to be careful around here because it can get hot, and this place is dry and rocky. But I can do it. I'm going to have to to attempt to get this weight off.

And also, NO MORE ICE CREAM! That's really what did me in last week. Being in the middle of front street watching tourists eating ice cream, candy and etc all day long does not help my endurance.

I'm going to stop bringing money to work. If I don't have money to spend on junk food I can't have it right?

That's all for now. I'll check in later this week to see how my "go hiking and stop eating junk food" goals for the week are going.

Good luck to you and me!

love
-w0rld

1 comment: