Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Weigh In!

Brace yourselves. I couldn't believe it. I'm actually a little scared to post this but I'm trying to keep positive because it's SUPPOSED to be positive:

Current Weight: 213 lbs ("What!?! Holy Sh**!" <---was my reaction when I weighed myself and, "I can't believe this!" was my reaction the three other times I stepped on the scale to confirm)

All I can say at the moment is that my intense week last week must have paid off.. either that or someone is playing with me.

Work Out Achievement(s): What can I say here. Like I mentioned before I was trying to make up for my horrible slip up during Thanksgiving that I worked out so hard I was utterly exhausted. The new jogging routine, the hiking during work and upping my swimming (I started adding 5 laps instead of one lap a day, and although I had started this new routine at 35 laps I am now up to 61 laps. Kind of makes you say "Well no wonder she got that number on the scale." My neighbors have already told me I'm crazy. I take it as a compliment.), as well as paying close attention to my food intake took a lot out of me.

I did it all last week. I was tired but determined to lose weight. I think at some point I even prayed.

I'm going to take this number and keep it. However I have no intentions or desires to keep up the pace I had last week. I'm going to slow down a little bit. I'm still going to jog in the mornings and I'm still going to swim, however I'm going back down to one extra lap a day. I've been wanting to switch up my pool routine but for that I need equipment and I'm waiting until after the holidays to buy them since I need to save up for presents and etc.

Goal(s): Like I just mentioned I'm going to continue what I'm doing now but one thing I want to focus on more (besides core work) is food. Like the annoying trainer at the 24 told me, "Diet is 50 to 70% of the game." I've noticed that I don't actually talk about food here as much as I should.

This doesn't mean that I don't pay attention to food. It's on my mind at all times. It also doesn't mean that I don't plan my meals, or I'm not conscious of portions, vegetables and fruits, protein and carbs. But I want to spend more time focusing this blog on food.

I actually haven't mentioned it but I really look forward to cooking dinner every night. I'm getting in the habit of enjoying chopping up my food and purposely choosing colorful things to feast my eyes as well as my appetite. Look out for more food related posts for now.

Lastly I'm very aware that I'm incredibly close to the 40 lbs lost mark. Two pounds. 2 pounds and I'll reach 40 lbs. I've been stuck in the 220's most of the year that the idea that I'd even reach 40 lbs by the end of the year, especially after Thanksgiving, had dimmed and seemed impossible. Giving me that hope again is giving me momentum to keep going.

I can do it!! You can too!

love
-w0rld

No comments: