Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Monday, August 12, 2013

Weigh In: A success!

Happy Monday everyone,

Last night, after my peaceful hike, I didn't do much. I actually tried really hard to rest and just chill. It was hard work. I've become very angsty and I can't sit down for long if I don't have a task or a movie at hand. But I needed it. I've needed to catch up on sleep. I've been trying to keep my calories in check also and here is the result.

Current Weight: 202.0 lbs

I lost 1.6 lbs since my last weigh in! I'm one pound away from the 50 lbs loss mark! I have 2 pounds to lose in order to get to ONE-derland! I went past my mini plateau of being between 203-204! I checked and I've lost an inch in my waist, bust and hips since I moved in late May. I've lost fractions of inches in my arms, thighs and calves. I'm excited.

Achievement(s):

I didn't start calorie counting again until last Wednesday, my late weigh in. So this'll be short.

Wed: 1618
Thu: 1315
Fri:2415
Sat: 1729
Sun: 1234

On Friday I went to a party and ate cake, candy, popcorn and chili. It was a setback for sure. On Saturday, two of my friends came for the afternoon and we went out for dinner. I did my best to have very simple meals earlier in the day so I wouldn't go over too much. I made up for everything on Sunday.

Now, work outs:

Mon: zilch
Tue: 20 minute bike ride
Wed: 2, 2 mile hikes
Thur:3.68 mile walk
Fri: 45 minute swim/toning work out
Sat: 1.31 mile walk/ 2 mile bike ride
Sun: 4 mile hike

I tried to mix up my work outs and do a little more bike riding and I got a swim in. I realize that with plateaus I have to be more strict with my caloric intake and I have to mix up my work out routine in order to attempt to get out of it. This time it worked.

Goals:
My main goal right now is to lose one more pound by Saturday, my birthday. It's a short amount of time but I know that if I work hard at it I can make it!
I will mix up my work outs and work out at least 5-6x this week.
I will drink more water.
My calorie intake will be between 1200-1400 calories this week, no exceptions.

I really want to start September in ONE-derland. I want to lose these last couple of pounds in the next couple of weeks so that I can start anew next month. I'm sooo close! Last night I also really inspected my body. Really looked at it. I realized all the places I kept my fat. Arms, belly, thighs, etc. I've always known that strength training helps tone your body but I've always been a bit lost on how to do it right (remember I don't live in a place where I can find a trainer or a class) and not very interested. I realize now that although I may be losing weight, my body won't look "better" if I don't attempt to tone it and sculpt it as well as try and shed some fat. I've gotten suggestions from people on where to look for toning and strength work outs. I think it's time to try it again.

For now, wish me luck and I hope you all have a great, on track week!

-w0rld

3 comments:

Debsdailylife said...

Congratulations girl!!! Youre doing a wonderful job!! I use my body weight for a lot of my strength toning. Google body weight for strength training and you will find lots of different things to do! No machines or extra 'stuff' needed.

Nanette N. said...

You are amazing with your consistency. I love that even when I fall off the planet for a month, I can come back and you are still just kicking ass on the trails and still dropping those pounds.

I love it. Thank you.

Nancy said...

When you see your results, it's always the best motivation to keep working! I've learned a lot about trainings and dieting at militarygradenutritionals.com/blog/. Now I have a number of clues how to set my goals and keep moving forward. What I found especially helpful was their recommendations on the proper nutrition and the ways to provide your body with perfect energy and strength. Following their advices I gain better shape and achieve the goals I have set.