Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Weigh In

Disclamer: I'm currently tired and drowsy. So this Weigh In is probably not going to be very long.

This past week has been interesting. In some ways it feels like it went by slowly and I didn't get to progress a lot on my 'to do' list.. weight control related or not.. On the other hand it feels like this last week has happened quickly and I was able to experience something completely new. So I guess I don't regret it completely. lol.. but enough ambiguities. Let's get this week's weigh in started!

Current Weight: 252 lbs (again I'm still simply maintaining my weight right now. It's frustrating but it's not the end of the world)

Work Out Achievement(s):I admit that since my mind was mainly occupied with having to deal with jury duty and the case I was assigned (and trying not to get too cross over having to cancel my work hours for the entire week) I wasn't in the greatest mood or energy to drag my ass to the gym last week. One day I even missed out all together. But I felt guilty.. so when I found my mom in her room, her king sized bed covered with old work out dance videos and cd's I was thrilled to find a Zumba DVD in the collection.

I begged her to put it on and right there in the middle of all the chaos (and my mom) I worked out to Zumba! My mom joined in for a couple of seconds and then just patiently tolerated me dancing around her room while she put her collection away. LOL


I'm pretty sure this is the cd or brand my mom has. She doesn't have the box set just a two disc convo.. but it's the same thing. The instructions are in Spanish and English so in case I missed an instruction it's repeated in a diff. language so it's win win!

Other than that I've been working a bit more on weights and crunches. I've also recently started using my pedometer and tracking my steps. I was able to do 12,000 steps the first day and oh my god did I feel it after wards. My dogs didn't thank me for the walk either. My poor dalmation protested going any further and planted her ass to the pavement after the first 1.5 miles.


My darling girl is getting on in years and takes no shit from anyone. I love her to pieces.

It's a new month so I'm hoping to continue on these things.

Current Goal(s): Well like I just mentioned, it's a new month. A new try for my goal. I'm not happy I didn't get many results in January but I'm past feeling sorry for myself (at the moment). I know what I was doing wrong and I don't have an excuse for it then or now. So I'm going to try to work harder and stricter on my food intake. I'm using Spark People to tally my calorie intake. It's a lot simpler than I thought it would be so I'm hopeful I'll keep it up.

I'm now about to drop in sleep. (I think those 100 crunches a day are catching up to me) So until I'm awake!

<3 -w0rld

No comments: