Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Friday, March 25, 2011

A Feast for YOUR eyes is a Feast for My mouth!

Hello Everyone,

I have to share the amazing-ness I had earlier this week. Now don't get me wrong I've been working out and feeding myself healthy foods all week. But this Wednesday I had the great chance to meet up with old friends on the Strip and we had dinner.

I decided to try something different than my regular "Chicken Alfredo and toss some extra bread while you're at it please!" and tried the Meatball pasta instead (I know not THAT big a difference)


The meatballs were HUGE. It tasted ok but looking at the giant grilled cheese sandwich my friend was eating kind of made me want to chuck my meal and steal hers. LOL. I'm such a cheese addict. sigh~

But wait! After dinner we ordered dessert. We decided to share a slice of cheesecake (CHEESE. YES!) However what I didn't realize is the SIZE of the "slice".

My eyes almost popped out of my head when the server brought it over and I instantly knew I was in trouble.



I admit right now I dug in to this thing and had my way with one corner of this monster. And it was good.

I didn't attempt to finish it and I didn't finish my pasta either.

I'm trying to keep Bethanny Frankels words in my mind about "the point of diminishing returns" which simply means to stop eating when the "OMG this is so good" sensation with the food starts to dull. It's not always easy NOT to finish my plate but taking my time and really TASTING my food and noticing whether or not I'm enjoying it is really giving me perspective you know?

I don't feel guilty over this. It was good. I ate well. I moved on. But didn't it look beautiful?

Weigh In on Monday!

Have a great Weekend!

-w0rld

1 comment:

zombiekim said...

That cheese sandwich was insane. Also, the next day I had a giant bowl of macaroni and cheese. Las Vegas=cheese, apparently. If only they had cheese margaritas...LOL.