Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Non-Weigh In

Good Afternoon and Happy Monday!

I'll be doing a quick Non-Weigh In this morning. I'll do a more thorough post either tonight or tomorrow.

Since I decided to no longer do Weekly Weigh Ins (but keep Monthly Weigh Ins) I decided to keep track a different way by body measurements. So here goes the first measurement of the season:

Hips: 49 inches
Waist: 44 inches
Arm: 15.5 inches
Thigh: 28 inches
Calf: 18 inches

Since the last time I measured a few months ago I've gained about one inch in hips, 2 inches in waist and I honestly can't remember the rest.

I'll keep tabs on my measurements weekly and post them in each check in.
----------------------------
Achievement(s):
My goals for this week were to drink water, eat at a certain calorie range, do strength training 3 to 4 times a week as well as cardio 6 times a week.

Here are the results for the first week:

Water: I was able to drink between 50 to 64 oz of water 7 days. Yay! I really feel less bloated thanks to that.

Calories: My calorie range was around 1520 calories a day. I started calorie counting on Tuesday of last week and here are the results

Tues: 1440
Wed:1366
Thurs:1412
Fri: 2189
Sat: 2217
Sun:1762

I was having stomach trouble earlier in the week so you can see that my appetite was pretty suppressed, and as the weekend progressed I felt better and my appetite returned, as well as un-needed calories. We also had a Feast on Saturday to celebrate the staff return to work so I've also been eating a lot of leftovers.

This week I have to check myself and keep myself accountable.

Strength Training: I was able to do 3 out of 4 days a week

Cardio: Because I was feeling pretty horrible I didn't start cardio until Wednesday. From there I was able to move my legs until the end of the week.

Wed: 1 mile run
Thurs: 2 mile hike
Fri: 2 mile run
Sat: 4 mile run
Sun: 9 mile hike
-------------------------
Goal(s):
The goals for this week are; to continue my water in take at 64 oz, continue my second week of strength training, move up to more 4 mile runs throughout the week, and more strenuous hikes this weekend. Because I don't want to wear myself out too early, and because I just finished a 9 mile hike last night I might choose to skip cardio for today.

That's all for now. I'll give a new post soon talking about my new diet plans and giving details of my awesome hike this weekend.

Until then!

-w0rld

No comments: