Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Non-Weigh In/One week left before the 5k!

Happy Monday! And Happy Lunar New Year! This Monday morning turned out a bit rainy, which is perfect weather to just stay in and relax. But before I do that it's time for my "non-weigh in".

Measurements:

Hips: 49 inches (same)
Waist: 45.25 inches(+0.25 inches)
Arm: 14.75 inches (same)
Thigh: 26.75 inches (-0.25 inches)
Calf: 16.75 inches (same)

So this week it looks like I've pretty much maintained. I'm a little concerned at the 1.25 inch gain in my waist area. They say belly fat is the hardest to lose, but gain? Especially when the rest of my body seems to be going down? I don't understand but I honestly don't notice it in the mirror. Either way I have to watch out for that and just keep going.

----------------------

Achievement(s):

My goal for this week was to continue drinking 50-64 oz of water a day, stay within my 1520 calorie limit, work on my jogging to train for my race and continue strength training. Here are the results.

Water: I did ok this week. I probably completed my goal 4 out of 7 days at least. I definitely felt dehydrated a few days and started chugging, which is good.

Calories: Although I usually stay well within my calorie range I continue to give in to some sort of last minute food in the evening which ends up putting me over. If I could stop snacking after dinner that would completely fix my "overdrafts" each night. Sigh*, alas here are the results.

Monday: 1515
Tuesday: 1863
Wednesday: 2140
Thursday: 1495
Friday: 2034
Saturday: 1495
Sunday: 2492

I'm incredibly happy that I managed to stay under my calorie limit 3 of 7 days. I then went slightly over 2000 the rest of the week. Everything was ok until last night, Sunday. What happened on Sunday? It's called chocolate covered peanuts.

Strength Training: I didn't do too well this week. I might have strength trained once last week. The rest of the time I simply stretched.

Cardio: I managed to get a good amount of cardio in this week. I feel much more prepared for the race this weekend.

Monday: -
Tuesday: 4 mile hike
Wednesday: 2 mile hike and 1 mile jog
Thursday: 2 mile jog
Friday: 3 mile hike and about 4 hours of dancing :)
Saturday: 3.1 mile jog
Sunday: miscellaneous walking

I ended up doing shorter hikes during work and jogged three days out of the week. On Saturday I ended up jogging a 5k in 37 minutes! That's my best time since right before my last 5k in November. It was a really nice run and it went very smoothly. I felt like I could go on forever.~

---------------------

Goal(s): I'm going to add a new challenge seeing as my eating habits need adjusting. I'm going to not eat after dinner. In other words I'm going to give myself a food curfew. After 8pm I will stop eating. Now if I hadn't eaten dinner yet by this time then yes I'll eat dinner but that's it. Other than that I'm going to start logging my water intake. I currently don't log exactly how much water I drink and estimate on the amount of water left in my nalgene water bottle. I need to make sure I'm actually drinking the proper amounts of water. This week I'll also be continuing strength training and do some last minute jog training before race day. I don't want to get lazy and then attempt to do a long distance run right before the race. I don't want to burn myself out before it even happens.

Nervously enthrusiastic!
Now am I nervous for the 5k? YES. Realizing it's 5 days away is scary. I signed up for it on a whim and I'll be doing it alone this time. It's not a problem but I suppose the idea that I was part of a group that was running together and that there were teammates at the finish line waiting for me to join them really helped last time. This time it's all me. It'll be interesting to see how far I can go on my own. How much morale can I give myself? How far can I push myself to reach the finish line?

So am I nervous? Yes, I am. I have the tendency to worry and underestimate myself. I don't want to let myself down (if that makes any sense. LOL) I want to have a good time. Although I keep reminding myself that the timing isn't really what's important a part of me really wants to BEAT my last time. I don't know if that will happen but I'm going to try!

Good luck to all on their own journeys! Let's have a great week!

love
-w0rld

3 comments:

Nanette N. said...

You are going to ROCK that race. No one is there to root you in... so when you cross that finish line, YOU DID IT YOURSELF. No codependent exercise here!

Mrs. Bradley said...

Keep me in the loop for your challenge......

Kim said...

you are def getting them exercises in. Maybe the gain around your waist was a messed up measurement or maybe you were bloated. You are doing a great job keep it up!