Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Transformation Road

Yesterday after my morning hike I spent the rest of the day reading my copy of Sean Anderson's Transformation Road 


I really wish I had this book during the Christmas Dress Countdown Challenge since it turned out to be one of the best books I've read in a long time. Sean's recount of his life and how he came to weigh 505 lbs, his struggles and life journey and then finally lose that weight really helped me think about my own life.

 It made me reflect on my actions and how I've led my life. It made me think of how my insecurities and my own mentality are what have kept me back all these years. I can completely relate and empathize with Sean's childhood insecurities and his drive to move up in his career and how his weight had prevented him (or the belief that his weight had prevented him) from getting farther in it. Or even the thought of using self-deprecating humor while inside he hated doing it; all of it felt like he was somehow describing me. All of it gave me drive to continue this journey. It confirmed my belief that I'm not doing this for nothing. That my health IS important and that I AM worth the time.

I understand that self-discipline and resisting temptation as well as needing to stop using food as an instant fix for my problems are things I personally have to fight to continue losing weight and becoming a better, balanced and happy person.

I KNOW that losing the weight isn't going to magically "fix" everything in my life. But I admit a part of me still believes that if I can just reach goal life would be so much better. I have to remember that it's the JOURNEY of getting to my weight goal that will help me become a better me, not just the destination.

If I can conquer my fears, stop underestimating myself, quit procrastinating, give myself a break, and grow confidence not only will I lose weight but my jobs can get better, my relationships can be smoother, my happiness can grow. My self-content will be at an all time high.

Oh how I love the possibilities. Sean's story really motivated me... and made me cry. It's a real story of a real person and it helps that I can just go to his facebook page and leave him a question if I wanted AND know that he'll read it. LOL. That sense of closeness or familiarity also helps a ton.

I really feel like taking some of his actions and trying them myself. It's not the first time I've heard food intake and calories being compared to a bank account/budget. I also like the idea of blogging daily. Not only will it keep me super accountable but it could definitely liven up this blog in general. I think I'll try it. For as long as I can.

I'll write more about it tomorrow during the "Non-Weigh In" post. But I feel like it's something that's definitely do-able.

Thank you Sean for sharing your story. I really suggest this book to anyone who is trying to lose weight and enjoy a good life story.

love
-w0rld

4 comments:

Debsdailylife said...

I dont have this book yet, BUT I want to read it!! Its in my toread list!! And hearing you liked it, makes me want to read it all the more!

Nanette N. said...

I love that so many people in this online community got to see and participate in his journey. It's a book I'd love to read toO! I'll put it on my amazon wishlist for now. :)

Christine said...

nice...sean has it down..and I am so glad you read it..it's worth more than any deal a meal plan you can purchase. It is worth it.

Sean A. Anderson said...

I can't thank you enough for your incredible support and wonderful review here. Our experiences, circumstances, and challenges may be different on the surface--but, we're all navigating similar dynamics along this road. I sincerely appreciate your words---a gift to me, thank you...and yes--I'm always a facebook or email message away, always my friend. ;)