Pages

On a Journey to Wellness

Come with me on my journey to losing weight, getting healthy and going out to meet the world head-on!

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Calorie Counting Streak Week 3 Day 6!

I'm so happy to see that I'm almost done with week 3 of my calorie counting streak.

I admit I couldn't sleep last night wondering what I was doing wrong and not losing weight this week. I can't believe it kept me up most of the night. But what helped was looking back at my patterns in MyFitnessPal and seeing how much I was eating, when I ate the most, what I ate the most etc. That helped me be mindful of the little things you don't think are a big deal but turn out to be.

For instance, this whole week I over ate and under worked out. I realized that I would always log what I ate after I indulged and then get upset over how many calories I ended up consuming.

Today I decided to log what I planned to eat before I ate it and adjust accordingly. It worked! I hope I can continue this simple but game changing habit.

Breakfast: 471 calories

Snack: 187 calories (individually wrapped trail mix)

Lunch: 287 calories

Dinner: 470 calories

TOTAL: 1415 calories (woo! Under 1500 FINALLY!)

I probably burned as many calories as I consumed since we did one of the steepest hikes I've ever done with a group. I also went really, really slowly because I stayed back with one of the students that was having a hard time making it up the mountain. We still made it. I still sweated like crazy.

Good times.

I hope I can continue to plan my meals ahead of time so that I can anticipate when I'm about to go over in calories and then figure out a way to fill myself up without over indulging.

One day at a time.

love
-w0rld

No comments: